Update (01/05): A Reddit consumer claiming to be hired through Samsung has uploaded a collection of pictures of Android Oreo at the Galaxy Note 8. The pictures, which you’ll see under, display the “about phone” and “software information” pages of the Note 8, exhibiting a number of update main points.
The redditor says that the update was once dispatched through Samsung as a part of a soak check — a small scale rollout to test for any possible problems — but it surely’s no longer transparent what number of handsets it has landed on (or certainly if the individual is a Samsung worker). Regardless, Samsung has plainly driven out an update to anyone, so it will have to be in its ultimate levels.
We simply discovered that Samsung was once winding down its Galaxy S8 Oreo beta check, which will have to be completed in 10 days, and there are murmurs that the overall model of the device may hit the ones handsets prior to the top of the month. With the device apparently nearing of entirety at the Note 8 additionally, shall we see it arrive round the similar time.
We’ll have extra quickly, till then, take a look at the supplied record of adjustments under, and look at our earlier update protection beneath:
- Update to the keyboard
- Picture in image make stronger
- App-specific lengthy press menus from launcher
- Secure folder can also be set to stick unlocked till the display is going to sleep
- Autofill API make stronger (with bio-metrics) for all apps, and browser
- Colored media notifications
- Notification classes
- Customization choices for notification badges
- Keyboard makes use of gify for gif seek make stronger
- More edge lighting fixtures choices
- Ability to view Samsung cloud pieces most effective
- Ability to backup Samsung safe folder in Samsung cloud
- Bluetooth, fine quality audio formats
- Manage passwords of Samsung and third-party apps with Samsung cross
Previous protection: Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Android update tracker web page. This web page covers all main U.S. carriers with a snappy reference desk for every and a log with hyperlinks to additional main points. It will likely be steadily up to date with the newest Galaxy Note 8 update knowledge, however word that we received’t be masking normal safety patches in our record.
We suggest you bookmark this web page so you’ll keep up-to-the-minute with the very newest updates.
Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Android update
The Galaxy Note 8 was once launched in September, 2017 working Android 7.1.1 Nougat and is predicted to be some of the first Samsung telephones to obtain Android Oreo. When this may increasingly occur we don’t know, and we will’t draw at the Galaxy Note 7‘s update timeline for a sign both (it was once deserted prior to it won its first main update).
The Oreo beta for the Samsung Galaxy S8 will have to be wrapping up in January, and the whole rollout will have to apply in a while after (no less than in South Korea). The identical Galaxy Note 8 update shouldn’t be too some distance at the back of.
Galaxy Note 8 update US
|Samsung Galaxy Note 8 updates – US
Verizon Galaxy Note 8 (SM-N950UZ*AVZW) update:
- November 29, 2017, Verizon delivers some digital camera UI adjustments, a repair for the KRACK exploit, and the October safety updates
- September 15, 2017, Verizon is rolling out a day-one patch to the Note 8 to reinforce GPS sign power and Swype phrase prediction accuracy.
AT&T Galaxy Note 8 (SM-N950UZ*AATT) update:
- November 14, 2017, AT&T is rolling out an update that incorporates community efficiency improvements, balance enhancements, and patches for the KRACK and BlueBorne vulnerabilities.
T-Mobile Galaxy Note 8 update (SM-N950UZ*ATMB:
- December 22, 2017, T-Mobile rolls out update construct N950USQU2BQLA with December safety patches, video conferencing enhancements, and an update for the provider’s DIGITS provider.
- November 20, 2017, T-Mobile addresses the IMS roaming trojan horse repair whilst turning in the October and November Google safety patches, whole with KRACK repair.
- September 15, 2017, T-Mobile rolls out a day-one patch with balance enhancements and insect fixes.
Sprint Galaxy Note 8 update (SM-N950UZ*ASPR):
- November 16, 2017, Sprint updates the Gallery, Reminder, Calendar and Voice Recorder apps, and fixes quite a lot of insects (together with a Samsung DeX error). Wi-Fi calling has additionally been advanced and renamed “Calling Plus.”
- September 15, 2017, Sprint improves GPS accuracy for Google maps and rolls out some balance enhancements.
International Samsung Galaxy Note 8 update (SM-N950F):
- December 12, 2017, Samsung is rolling out a Note 8 update in Europe which improves the Calendar, Gallery, Reminder, and Voice Recorder apps, addresses a Samsung DeX error, and provides the Secure Wi-Fi VPN provider.
- November 30, 2017: Samsung is rolling out firmware model N950FXXU1BQK6 that incorporates the November safety patches (solving the KRACK Wi-Fi and BlueBorne exploits), safety enhancements to Wi-Fi serve as, and improvements to Calendar, Reminder, Gallery, and Voice Recorder apps.
- September 13, 2017: Samsung is rolling out firmware model N950FXXU1AQI1 with enhancements to the digital camera device and wi-fi charging.
If you’ve won an update we’ve overlooked, hit the feedback under or Tip Us!